In this recipe, salad becomes finger food and tuna is replaced with chickpeas, as leaves of romaine lettuce are used to wrap a tasty chickpea filling.
This makes a refreshing wrap that’s high in healthful fiber. This chickpea mixture is a great substitute for tuna in a sandwich.
4 large wraps
· 1 ½ cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed or drained
· ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds (optionalbut they add a great crunch!)
· ½ cup finely chopped or grated carrot
· ½ cup finely chopped celery
· ¼ cup chopped cilantro, parsley or mint
· 3 green onions, chopped (youcan substitute purple onion or even add both)
· 1 – 2 Tbsp. stone-ground mustard
· 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar or vinegar of your choice
· 1/2 tsp pink salt
· 1/4 tsp ground black pepper – or fresh ground pepper to taste
· 1 tsp raw organic honey
· 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
· 1 medium tomato, sliced, or 6 to 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half