Approx 1 hour
This recipe can easily be halved for smaller crowds. Or, it freezes real well - so you can make a full batch in two pans and freeze one for one of those days you cannot even think about heading into the kitchen to cook!
Have you heard the old adage - cook once eat twice? Well here you go!
30 - 40 minutes
Family Size - 12 to 15 servings.
Lightly spray a 9 X 13 casserole pan with organic coconut oil spray.
Pour small amount of enchilada sauce into bottom of casserole dish and spread until bottom is covered.
1. Layer half of quinoa mixture on the bottom of the pan.
2. Place single layer of cut tortillas evenly over the filling mixture.
3. Top with remaining 1/2 of quinoa mixture.
4. Top quinoa mixture with an additional layer of tortillas.
5. Top tortilla layer generously with sauce.
6. If you are going for vegan fair - do not top with cheese. If you are not vegan - top the casserole with your favorite - organic - cheddar cheese.
Bake uncovered in 350 - F oven until cheese is brown and bubbly and interior is hot - approximately 30 - 45 minutes.
This recipe is all mine! When we went vegetarian I had to get real creative and this one is a keeper! I serve it to carnivores too!