4 side servings; 2 entree servings
1 cup brown rice - cooked according to package directions.
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped spinach (optional)
1 tablespoon coconut oil - or for a healthier choice use vegetable broth; use broth for the Elimination Diet.
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons crushed tarragon or 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
1/2 teaspoon pink salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper (black is ok if that's all you have)
3/4 cup chopped onion - 1/2 large onion
2 tablespoons capers
1) Cook rice according to package directions. Prepare vegetables while rice cooks.
2) Saute chopped onions in oil - or broth if using; cook until onions are opaque about 4 - 5 minutes. (Use broth for the Elimination Diet).
3) Add minced garlic, and mix until fragrant.
4) Add mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes - until mushrooms release their moisture and cook to almost done.
5) Add spinach & tarragon and cook until spinach is soft, but remains bright green.
6) Add cooked rice and mix thoroughly to heat..
7) Add capers; stir briefly to mix.
8) Season to taste with salt & pepper & serve.
The picture below is this delicious Tarragon Herb Mushroom Rice paired with Crispy Crab Cakes and Tarragon Caper Tartar Sauce.
This recipe is all mine folks! Bon Appetite!